geo-banner-1 geo-banner-2 geo-banner-3 geo-banner-4 geo-banner-5
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Geocache of the Month - June 2017

Geocache of the Month - June 2017 3 months 1 week ago #3427

• tronador
  • Geonewbie
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry Baktrak... I've copied your post but Wazza9 wants to nominate a cache for June and doesn't know how to do it, so I've started this thread so I can post him a link, any one can nominate.

Have you found a great NSW geocache that you'd enthusiastically recommend to the community?
All you have to do is nominate it in a reply in this Geocaching NSW forum or post a message on the Facebook page . Include a few words about why you think it deserves the award.
- It doesn't have to be a geocache hidden or found in the past month or even the past 12 months, in fact the winners have usually had time to mature and get a reasonable number of finds..
- It doesn't need to be some amazingly tricky mystery
- You can renominate a cache that has been put forward before, as long as it hasn't won yet. There are plenty of deserving past nominations.
The final decision generally takes into account finders logs and favourite awards logged over a reasonable period.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baktrak

Geocache of the Month - June 2017 3 months 1 week ago #3429

• wazza9
  • Geonewbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Baktrak,

A big thanks to Linda for the start. I have no idea how this works and have just followed her lead. Maybe there needs to be a how to use in dummy form somewhere for idiots like me.

In preparation for a caching weekend around Braidwood back in June, The Hancock Clan brought GC4EQ5D The Wool Road to our attention. Our weekend caching group included tronador, Brewmaker, The Hancock Clan, Nana nel and wazza9.

It has only had 30 finders, 1 DNF and 13 favourites since it was published on the 22.06.2013
After some failed attempts by several cachers to find the location of the cache using grid paper, it fell upon Nana nel to bring out the tools of her trade and produce the results that took us to the cache.
She wasn't happy with just producing a result and has gone further producing a scarf which is now worn with pride.
This by itself made it a special cache that puts it up there with many caches that have been awarded Cache of the Month by Geocaching NSW.

However, the reasons for nominating this cache don't stop there. If you look at the cache page, you begin to understand the history of the area and a forgotten era that is very well presented.

All the best,
wazza9 (Warwick).
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by wazza9.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tronador

Geocache of the Month - June 2017 3 months 1 week ago #3430

• tronador
  • Geonewbie
  • Thank you received: 2
While where're on nominations, I'd love to nominate a Zalgariath cache. Something so brilliant, more people need to listen to this podcache.
So I nominate The Avondale Stakes
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga8385

Geocache of the Month - June 2017 2 months 2 weeks ago #3432

• Zalgariath
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 23
Avondale needs a little more time, but perhaps in the future! The winner for June 2017 is GC4EQ5D - The Wool Road by RiverRunners!
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds