geo-banner-1 geo-banner-2 geo-banner-3 geo-banner-4 geo-banner-5
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Geocache of the Month - May 2017

Geocache of the Month - May 2017 7 months 2 weeks ago #3372

• Baktrak
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Have you found a great NSW geocache that you'd enthusiastically recommend to the community?
All you have to do is nominate it in a reply in this Geocaching NSW forum or post a message on the Facebook page . Include a few words about why you think it deserves the award.
- It doesn't have to be a geocache hidden or found in the past month or even the past 12 months, in fact the winners have usually had time to mature and get a reasonable number of finds..
- It doesn't need to be some amazingly tricky mystery
- You can renominate a cache that has been put forward before, as long as it hasn't won yet. There are plenty of deserving past nominations.
The final decision generally takes into account finders logs and favourite awards logged over a reasonable period.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Baktrak.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Geocache of the Month - May 2017 6 months 3 weeks ago #3379

• Richary
  • Administrator
  • ph 0401886035
  • Thank you received: 22
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6800

A fun little walk in the bush and a nice spot, plus it would be nice to give it to a GA cache for a change. Not many finders as it is listed on GA, but whatever.

Geocache of the Month - May 2017 6 months 2 weeks ago #3380

• Team MavEtJu
  • Geoaware
  • Thank you received: 7
Yesterday I had the pleasure of walking the "Duck River" series by tronador in Granville. It's a series of four caches, none of them a tupperware container under a rock, in a beautiful reserve in the middle of a cache shy area:

GC44412 One little duck.
GC4444C Two little ducks.
GC4445Z Three little ducks.
GA8453 Where are the ducks?

It doesn't get a lot of FPs, but it does do everything what a geocache is supposed to do: Brings you to a new area, shows you a nice environment, gives you a nice walk, keeps you busy for the next hour and makes you wonder "where is that (!@*#@*&(^!@&* difficulty 2 container is, oh wait there it is how could I have missed it?????".

I would like to nominate the "Three little ducks" one for the cache of the month for this whole series.

Edwin

Geocache of the Month - May 2017 6 months 2 weeks ago #3385

• Zalgariath
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
I did this great cache today, its called "Silence in the Library" by the Zar... hang on I think that has been done already... :blink:

OK then, well how about GC495QM Bubbler-dash by Tyreless nearby! A race against the clock and a very unique WIG experience that takes you along the best bits of Manly. The final is equally as fun as the race and cartridge is well built.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Zalgariath.

Geocache of the Month - May 2017 5 months 2 days ago #3428

• wazza9
  • Geonewbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Baktrak,

please refer to my post for June.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by wazza9.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds