geo-banner-1 geo-banner-2 geo-banner-3 geo-banner-4 geo-banner-5
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Geocache of the Month - December 2014

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 10 months ago #2388

• Baktrak
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Nominate a cache for the December 2014 Geocache of the Month award.

There's no voting or exhaustive committee process. All you have to do is post reply in this Geocaching NSW forum about a NSW cache you think deserves the award, Include a few words about why you think it deserves the award. It doesn't have to be a geocache hidden or found in the past month or even the past 12 months.

BTW - You can renominate a cache that was put forward before. There are plenty of deserving past nominations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 10 months ago #2390

• Team MavEtJu
  • Geoaware
  • Thank you received: 7
If GC3YRPM - The Pearl hasn't gotten a price yet, then I would really like to see that happen.

Despite being it in North Sydney, it's a real journey to get there. Second, because you have to plan it otherwise you can't get there. And as last, it's so beautifully made.

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 10 months ago #2391

• Yurt
  • Geonewbie
I'll nominate "The Complete Monty Python and the Holy Grail" Wherigo cache by Tyreless. http://coord.info/GC5F26X

Hey it's Monty Python - need I say more? But it is great fun and well made without being overly long as some Wherigo caches can be. Very enjoyable interactive experience.

I was thinking of nominating Pheasants Home (which I found recently) but it won last month. Must drop in more often.

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 9 months ago #2407

I'm going to nominate Hounddog's #4 "Wonderful" http://coord.info/GC72C

Aside from being a cache which can check a box of Geocaching NSW's Old School Challenge, Wonderful presents finders with the challenge of ascending Mt Wondabyne (the highest peak in the region). Finders can either attempt it from Woy Woy or grab a few other older caches and visit the only train station in Australia without road access. The views experienced here are awesome and really worth the walk. In the end the container or hiding spot isn't anything special however the history associated with the cache combined with the views experienced from up here make this one well worth the trip and Geocaching NSW's cache of the month.

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 9 months ago #2417

has December cache of the month closed yet? or should I wait for the January one to start before nominating?

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 9 months ago #2418

• Baktrak
  • Administrator
The shortlist has been circulated for decision tonight. So best to go with January.

Geocache of the Month - December 2014 2 years 9 months ago #2422

• Baktrak
  • Administrator
... and the winner is ...

Hounddog's #4 "Wonderful"
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds