geo-banner-1 geo-banner-2 geo-banner-3 geo-banner-4 geo-banner-5
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Geocache of the Month - February 2014

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 8 months ago #1964

• Baktrak
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Nominations are invited for the February 2014 Geocache of the Month.

Remember there's no voting or exhaustive committee process. All you have to do is post a note in this Geocaching NSW forum about a cache you think deserves the Geocache of the Month award. Tell us why you think it deserves the award. It doesn't have to be a geocache hidden or found in the past month or even the past 12 months.

BTW - You can renominate a cache that was put forward, but didn't win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 8 months ago #1969

Hi Baktrak,

I would like to nominate

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1KNAF_licence-please?guid=09cf8a21-e34b-4833-b883-2f66caf6f6ee#

In this particular Geocache there is a Geocaching licence, I think it is an excellent idea and I was quite excited when I found it. The comments from the geocachers who have found it are very nice and they too seem excited.

Kind Regards

Ben. aka bennysumm :woohoo:

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 8 months ago #1972

• tronador
  • Geonewbie
  • Thank you received: 2
I vote for Bibliotheca Robotum http://coord.info/GC3K05C
A unique cache within the grounds of Macquarie University. It certainly brought a smile to my face. A well constructed and thought out cache with an unusual twist.

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 8 months ago #1973

• Spindoc Bob
  • Thank you received: 51
Oldie is always a goodie. I'm nominating Sand Dunes and Saltbush by Liz and Bruce (GC590E).

This is an easy to get to geocache tucked away in the southwest corner of the state near Wentworth. The sand hills are bright orange and on a clear day contrast against the blue sky. It's an amazing sight in the middle of nowhere and worth the side trip if you're the Wentworth-Mildura region. The nearby Perry Sand Hills cache is also worthy of a mention.

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 8 months ago #1974

• Richary
  • Administrator
  • ph 0401886035
  • Thank you received: 22
Slightly off-topic, but regarding Sand Dunes and Saltbush there are some very good caches on the road between Mildura and Renmark north of the Murray instead of the highway on the southern side. It's good dirt and certainly a pleasant alternative worth doing if you have time on the trip to Adelaide or the SA Mega. A shame that GCGE10 Ron's Fridge in South Australia has gone, it was certainly a memorable (and moving) cache.

Geocache of the Month - February 2014 3 years 7 months ago #1984

Hi all,

I nominate Aarrr! (GC2C583). The opposite end of the scale to the outback geocaches, this one is in busy North Sydney. It's a multi with a wicked sense of humour, where you need to have your wits about you and keep count of your steps and you chart a course through unknown seas (actually, it's St Leonards Park).

The CO now lists his occupation as "permanently lost" but I recall reading somewhere that making jewelry was part of the background. This shows in the fine work on the cache container.

It's collected 19 favourites (83%) since it was hidden in September 2011.

Cheers,

Geoff aka Tyreless
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds